This salad it’s a celebration of some of the most beautiful and simplest summer ingredients. Delicious baby potatoes mixed with asparagus, topped with eggs and drizzled with a dill pesto makes this a perfect main course during those hot summer days and acts as a great bbq side dish. Feel free to add any other ingredients – from fresh tomatoes to salad leaves – any option is equally tasty.
New Potato and eggs salad with dill pesto
For the salad :
- 450 g of baby potatoes
- 500 g asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 10 g parmesan cheese , shaved
- 20 g spring onion
For the dill pesto :
- 25 g pine nuts
- 40 g dill
- 10 g parmesan cheese,
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C.
- Wash the asparagus together with baby potatoes.
- Dry the vegetables with a kitchen towel, toss with the olive oil and salt. Mix well to make sure they all have a good coating of the oil.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, add the asparagus and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Boil the eggs for around 7 minutes.
- Heat a small frying pan over a high heat and toast the pine nuts until golden.
- Add all of the pesto ingredients into the food processor’s bowl and pulse until you have a slightly chunky mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are ready, mix them with a tablespoon of pesto.
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving plate, top with the quartered eggs, shaved parmesan cheese ,chopped spring onion and drizzle with more pesto.